Congratulations to the following 2019 Research Day Awardees:
- Dr. Andrew Perrin – Best Overall Oral Presentation
- Dr. Keerit Tauh – 1st Honorable Mention Oral Presentation
- Dr. Matthew Kadatz – 2nd Honorable Mention Oral Presentation
- Dr. Jessica Liauw – Best Overall Poster Presentation
- Dr. Mary Dunbar – 1st Honorable Mention Poster Presentation
- Dr. Edward Percy – 2nd Honorable Mention Poster Presentation
We are pleased to announce the first recipient of the UBC Faculty of Medicine Clinician Investigator Scholarship, Dr. Christopher Cheung, resident of the UBC Cardiology program. Dr. Cheung completed his undergraduate training at the University of Alberta, and his medical education, Internal Medicine, and Cardiology residency at the University of British Columbia. He will be completing an MPH in Epidemiology during his CIP training, and will focus his research on atrial fibrillation, sudden cardiac death, and cardiac electrophysiology under the guidance of Drs. Jason Andrade, Kenneth Gin, and Andrew Krahn.