The Clinician investigator program is comprised of clinician scientists from all major departments in the faculty of medicine which is a reflection of the content of residents in the CIP. The committee also includes representation from a resident in the CIP who is elected by his or her peers. The CIP committee meets 4 times per year and regular meeting minutes are kept.
1. The selection of residents into the CIP and the approval of their supervisors and training environment.
2. Overview and maintenance of standards in the operation of the research component of the program
3. Coordination of departmental/divisional components of the CIP, including interdisciplinary linkages
4. Assessment of progress of CIP residents is based upon a report filed by the supervisor and a progress report concerning presentations, publications and status of ongoing research progress provided by individual residents.
5. Verification of satisfactory completion by the residents of research component of the program based upon the educational objectives of the CIP.
The current Committee consists of:
Dr. Stephen Yip, Assistant Professor, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Dr. James Lan, Clinical Assistant Professor, Nephrology
Dr. Leanne Dahlgren, Assistant Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Sian Spacey, Clinical Associate Professor, General Neurology & Neurogenetics (Program Director)
Dr. Lori Tucker, Clinical Professor, Pediatrics, Director, Pediatric Resident Research Program
Dr. Eitan Prisman, Clinical Assistant Professor, Surgery (ENT)
Dr. Sheina Macadam, Clinical Associate Professor, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Anthony Chau, Clinical Assistant Professor, Anesthesia
Dr. David Patrick, Professor, School of Population and Public Health
Dr. Tricia Tang, Associate Professor, Endocrinology and Director, UBC Experimental Medicine Program
CIP resident representatives and Wellness Champions to the UBC Faculty of Medicine CIP Committee:
Dr.Joseph Leung, Endocrinology
Dr. Christopher Cheung, Cardiology