The Clinician investigator program is comprised of clinician scientists from all major departments in the faculty of medicine which is a reflection of the content of residents in the CIP. The committee also includes representation from a resident in the CIP who is elected by his or her peers. The CIP committee meets 4 times per year and regular meeting minutes are kept.
1. The selection of residents into the CIP and the approval of their supervisors and training environment.
2. Overview and maintenance of standards in the operation of the research component of the program
3. Coordination of departmental/divisional components of the CIP, including interdisciplinary linkages
4. Assessment of progress of CIP residents is based upon a report filed by the supervisor and a progress report concerning presentations, publications and status of ongoing research progress provided by individual residents.
5. Verification of satisfactory completion by the residents of research component of the program based upon the educational objectives of the CIP.
The current Committee consists of:
Dr. Andrew Weng, Professor, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Dr. Marcus Lem, Clinical Associate Professor, School of Population and Public Health
Dr. Vincent Duronio, Professor, Respiratory
Dr. James Lan, Clinical Assistant Professor, Nephrology
Dr. Anita Palepu, Professor, General Internal Medicine
Dr. Leanne Dahlgren, Assistant Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Sian Spacey, Clinical Associate Professor, General Neurology & Neurogenetics (Program Director)
Dr. Jean P Collet, Professor, Pediatrics
Dr. Erik Skarsgard, Professor, Pediatric Surgery
Dr. Sheina Macadam, Clinical Associate Professor, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Anthony Chau, Clinical Assistant Professor, Anesthesia
CIP resident representatives to the UBC Faculty of Medicine CIP Committee:
Dr.KaWai Leong, Psychiatry
Dr. Diana Forbes, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery